Registration & Request Forms
Student Enrollment: report to Mrs. Paula Brown in the High School Guidance Suite, 706 N. Shaver Street
Online Summer Program Parent Meeting
Any students interested in online summer courses should attend the parent meeting.
Monday, May 13thFor additional information, contact Mrs. Dawn Shields 814-542-2518 ext. 173.
High School Cafeteria
Use Community Entrance
New Immunization Regulations
Yearbook Production Bid
The Mount Union Area School District is seeking bids for the production of a yearbook for the Junior/Senior High School for a three-year period beginning with the 2013-2014 school year. Specifications may be obtained through the Office of the Director of Business Affairs, Administrative Center, 603 North Industrial Drive, Mount Union, PA 17066. The competency and responsibility of the bidders will be considered when making awards. The District reserves the right to waive any irregularities or to reject any or all bids in part or in whole. Deadline for bids is 9:45 a.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2013.
WTAJ Area Weather-related Closings & Delays
Helping Kids During Crisis
• Try and keep routines as normal as possible. Kids gain security from the predictability of routine, including attending school.
• Limit exposure to television and the news.
• Be honest with kids and share with them as much information as they are developmentally able to handle.
• Listen to kids’ fears and concerns.\
• Reassure kids that the world is a good place to be, but that there are people who do bad things.
• Parents and adults need to first deal with and assess their own responses to crisis and stress.
• Rebuild and reaffirm attachments and relationships.
"A National Tragedy: Helping Children Cope," from the National Association of School Psychologists.
Talking to Children About Violence, National Association of School Psychologists
Listen, Protect and Connect: Psychological First Aid for Teachers and Schools,